We're recruiting: NQ to 4-year PQE assistant
Opportunity for NQ to 4-year PQE assistant to join progressive and fast-growing technology law firm, building expertise in IT and data protection
Are you looking for a successful legal career but feel put off by the “big law firm” route? Do you want to pursue your legal career in a more flexible working environment, with the potential for home and part-time working? Are you interested in advising an exciting group of clients on IT and data privacy issues? Do you pride yourself on being self-motivated, and courageous? Do you want to join a progressive, innovative and fast-growing technology practice and share in the benefits as part of the team? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
About the role
This is a fantastic opening for someone who is looking to develop their career outside of the traditional law firm or in-house pathway – in a relaxed, collegiate and bureaucracy-free environment where a number of lawyers are part-time and where flexible and/or home working is the part of the working culture. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to make a real contribution to the future growth of the firm and develop his or her entrepreneurial and business skills.
ClaydenLaw has some great technology-based clients that would be the envy of many bigger firms. We are looking to recruit an able and versatile commercial lawyer to work with the senior lawyers alongside 2 current assistant solicitors.
The salary will be competitive and will include a generous bonus structure to reward above-benchmark performance.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will:
- have trained or had some post qualification experience gained either in-house or in a solid commercial firm (London, regional or overseas). IT and data protection law experience is preferable but not essential. The most important attribute is having the right attitude to work in a small but busy team
- have a willingness to learn the skills necessary to really contribute to the firm’s growth and longer term; the role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to fast-track their business development skills and develop their own client base.
- be self-motivated, willing to take the initiative, with a proactive, can-do approach
- have an excellent manner with clients and other members of staff
- be positive, energetic and enthusiastic
- be friendly and supportive
- be a real team player with a strong work ethic
Working at ClaydenLaw
The firm, recognised by Chambers and Partners, is unashamedly niche – it only provides ICT, data protection and commercial legal services. Run as a limited company, it has operated very successfully for the last 8 years. Turnover and profits have grown steadily since its inception.
The current team is made up of the founder, Piers Clayden, senior IT lawyer and data privacy specialist Alasdair Taylor, and senior data privacy partner, Anna Clayden.
We also have 2 assistant solicitors (one is a data privacy specialist and the other a more general technology/commercial lawyer).
Some of the benefits of working at a smaller firm like ClaydenLaw include:
- working in an informal, friendly and human environment with no politics and no egos
- a highly flexible working culture where work/life balance is valued
- potential for more rapid advance to partnership and ownership in the firm
- the opportunity to build a well-respected firm and to say “I helped do that"
- the chance to shape the firm’s processes and management, and to learn more about running a small, fast-growing firm
We are based in Summertown, Oxford. The office is only a 10-minute journey from Oxford Parkway station (on the Chiltern line to Marylebone).
To achieve national recognition as a credible, preferable alternative to mid-market law firms in our chosen area of technology and data privacy expertise. We are doing this by continuing to bring creative thought and great service to our work with cutting-edge clients.
If you think this is something you would like to investigate further, please click the Apply button.
This role is being handled exclusively by Ellis-Wake and all applications and third party applications will be sent on to it. To apply please click here.